I quite often see text posts on here that I would agree with, except they only talk about Broadway. I have never been to Broadway and probably never will. There are plenty of people who love theatre and musicals without liking Broadway.
If I got a time machine, I wouldn’t go see closed Broadway shows; I’d go to see the Dutch Elisabeth, or 3 Musketiers, or any number of shows we have had here.
Stop acting like Broadway is the catch-all term for something, because it’s not. Stop acting like Broadway is the only place for theatre (oh, maybe some off-Broadway stuff, and, hey, West End maybe??) because theatre is all over the world.
i love mermaids. so here’s another quick doodle from tonight!
I was reminded of Hugo’s Grantaire sketch and suddenly…
WALRUSTAIRE IS BACK
IT’S TOO SERIOUS ON THIS BLOG, let’s have some Walrus!:D
okay since yall seem to be incapable of identifying fake sj posts here’s a handy guide:
- go to the source of the post
- check the tags
- if it’s tagged with two thousand variations of “otherkin” and “headspace” and “sj” then it is 100% fake no exceptions and if you reblog it unironically you are a bad person
you know part of the fucking the reason people “don’t take the social justice movement seriously” is because anti-sj blogs keep making these fucking parody posts that people think are unironic and it does nothing except give people more reason to say “hey i’m not gonna support the people who actually need it” and even before that people didn’t take us seriously so like. maybe stop believing everything you fucking read and take the time to wonder “could this be a troll blog” and guess what it probably fucking is
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN! Spread the word and join us today!
special thanks to ohfantine for this wonderful graphic.
Live theatre. A gorgeous thing, isn’t it? Musicals and plays, from all over the world. A dream of a few hours, or one of a life. There’s a lot of things to love about theatre. Wonderful scores, amazing actors, feelings, or simply forgetting the world we live in for a little. And a theatre fan, there’s a lot one can do. Collect cast recordings or bootlegs to discover productions from the other side of the world, collect memorabilia, discuss it, discuss acting choices, dream of one day being on stage, and, of course, watch shows sometimes. And it’s great truly, as, after all, this gives a thing in common to people everywhere on this planet.
But, hey, what’s that network? Oh, just a little thing to unite theatre fans everywhere. For those who adore seeing a musical (or a play, after all, both are nice), whether it’s in the West End, in Germany, on Broadway, in Japan or Hungary. Just a few theatre scenes at the top of my head. A network to unite people, find a little group of people with that one thing in common with you, who are always willing to discover new stage works. In a few bullet points…
This network is for you if:
- You like theatre (Duh!), no matter what your favorite scene is, or what your native language is.
- You’re willing to discover new shows, with the help of the people you’ll meet in there.
- Want to make friends, and follow some rad theatre blogs.
Oh, sounds just like me! And how do I get in?
- You’ll have to follow the network blog, where further news will be posted, as well as my blog, and promise you’ll follow some of the other blogs in there.
- Be willing to use the tumblr tagging system to tag triggers, or things the others might not want to see.
- Reblog this post!
- And fill in this little survey. Because I’m quite curious.
Cool, done, and then what?
- Then, we’ll start picking people for the network! Sounds fun right? That will start on the fifth of August, or if the post reaches 100 reblogs before that (which probably won’t happen)
- You’ll be notified through ask, and on the theatrenetwork blog about being accepted.
- Once accepted, you’ll join the theatrenetwork sideblog, as well as a ‘secret one’, where you’ll be able to talk to other members
- Again, once accepted, we’ll ask you to have a link to the network on your blog.
- Oh, and to track the tag ‘theatrenet’, where you’ll be allowed to post about theatre, plays, musicals, and to post gifsets, graphics and fanfics related to that.
- And then, we’ll start setting up little things, whether for the whole group (bootleg/movie musical watching, group critique of cast recordings for example) or help you set up smaller things to exchange with specific members of the group (for example, let’s say we have two POTO fans, one in Hamburg, one in London? How about you two trade programmes from the productions around your place?)
- Then, again, it’ll only be a beginning! We can find hundreds of things to do, once we all got to know each other and that network is set up!
So, here you go friends, this is why you should apply today to this darling INTERNATIONAL THEATRE NETWORK. - Lottie
i fucking hate tumblr so much seriously
you guys are always like “i want equality!” except gay people are better than straight people and women are better than men and poc are better than white people and trans people are better than cis people
if you claim you want equality, but put someone down because they’re privileged, that doesn’t make you an advocate for equality, it makes you an asshole
Women, LGBT+ people and people of color are abused, bullied, put down and systematically oppressed all day every day everywhere. There are fucking bills being passed that make it completely legal to do this, whether it’s reproduction rights, marriage rights, the refusal of the gov’t to recognize people’s genders, blatantly racist policies…for crying out loud, bills have been passed allowing hospitals to refuse to help LGBT+ people on “religious” grounds! So men, straight people, white people, and cis people can suck it up and learn to deal with others who have literally no power over them saying these things.
These things which, by the way, aren’t usually meant to convey actual superiority, but rather as a means of survival. All of these oppressed groups are dragged so far down that sometimes it’s necessary to build ourselves back up in ways that purposely make the oppressors uncomfortable.
Oh, but it hurts your feelings to be called inferior? Welcome to the fucking club.
And spare us all the “you can’t fight fire with fire” bullshit. It’s not progressive, it just gives more power to the oppressors by forcing the oppressed to only fight back in ways that are pre-approved by them.
If you’re throwing a tantrum about something, and rather than the brutal rapes, murders, bullying, denial of human rights and overall oppression millions of people suffer, it’s the fact that said victims sometimes say things like “-oppressed group- are better than -oppressing group-!”, it makes you an asshole.